The outcomes of this accredited course focus on the development of English language speaking, listening, reading and writing skills directly related to immediate personal and social needs together with electives selected to develop relevant social, settlement and numeracy skills and knowledge. The purpose of this qualification is preparation for participation in further English language study or vocational training which may include English language support or employment. The student cohort for Orange International College will consist of Overseas/International students.
On successful completion of this course the student would be awarded 22250VIC Certificate I in EAL (Access), which is a nationally recognised training. The qualification has a mention of the number of weeks of ELICOS (English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students) attended. Students who do not complete all units may be eligible for a Statement of Attainment in partial completion of 22250VIC Certificate I in EAL (Access) along with a mention of the number of weeks of ELICOS (English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students) attended.
This course provides a pathway to further English study in the Access or Employment streams or Certificate II industry qualifications.
All students must be aged 18 years or over at the time of applying for admission
- There are no specific education requirements for this course.
- The learner needs to have English proficiency level equivalent to ISLPR level 1. It is demonstrated by 1-2.5 bands in IELTS or an equivalent English language test.
- A participant’s current English language skills assessment prior to and at enrolment.
- A participant’s prior education experience, both overseas and in Australia.
- Any prior EAL learning with successful outcomes provides direct entry to this qualification.
Using a Placement Test, an assessment of student’s English language skills is made to determine applicant’s appropriate course placement as per their level of proficiency in the English language. Applicant’s learning and pathway building needs and goals are also considered.